There are many options available for cable Television subscribers who want to cancel their restricting and costly cable subscriptions, thanks to the abundance of streaming platforms and devices.
The Amazon FireStick is one of the finest streaming devices on the market because of its superior UI, quick speed, and adaptability. It offers a huge selection of official streaming apps and many third-party jailbroken apps.
Yet, Amazon FireStick offers more than simply the possibility of watching content from Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon Prime Video. Furthermore, you can access live TV channels worldwide on your Fire TV device, including your local networks.
There are a variety of local channels that you can access on your device to watch the content that you enjoy the most.
How to Install Local Channels on FireStick for free?
While many streaming services offer local channels, there are several ways to access local channels for free on your FireStick.
Here are some methods:
Use Free Streaming Apps
Several free streaming apps allow you to access local channels on your FireStick. Some of these apps include:
- Pluto TV is a free streaming service that offers several local channels. You can download the app from the Amazon Appstore and start watching local channels right away.
- Locast is a non-profit streaming service that offers local channels for free. However, it’s only available in select cities. You can use a VPN service to get past the geo-restriction.
- NewsON is a free streaming service that offers local news channels. You can download the app from the Amazon Appstore and start watching local news channels right away.
Use a Free trial of a Streaming Service
Some streaming services offer a free trial that includes access to local channels.
Here are some streaming services that offer free trials:
- Sling TV: Sling TV offers a 7-day free trial that includes access to local channels.
- Hulu + Live TV: Hulu + Live TV offers a 7-day free trial that includes access to local channels.
- YouTube TV: YouTube TV offers a 14-day free trial that includes access to local channels.
How to Watch Local Channels on FireStick – Hulu
You can use any of the streaming sites that are offering free trials to watch local channels on your Amazon FireStick. One of the best in the market is Hulu, and it is available on the Amazon App Store. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- On your device, go to the home menu, and select the search button.
- Type in Hulu.
- Download it and subscribe to its plans.
- Watch several HD live channels that include news and sports.
How to set up FireStick to Watch Local News Channels?
To watch local news channels on your FireStick, you can follow these steps:
- Connect an OTA antenna to your TV and ensure that it is properly installed and configured.
- Go to the Amazon Appstore on your FireStick and search for the network app for the local news channel you want to watch (e.g., ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox).
- Download and install the app on your FireStick.
- Open the app and follow the on-screen instructions to sign in with your cable or satellite TV provider or a live TV streaming service.
- Once you’re signed in, you should be able to access live and on-demand content from your local news channel.
How to Watch Local Channels on Android TV?
Android TV is another popular streaming device that is used widely around the globe. All of the applications that are available on Amazon FireStick are also available on Android TV devices. Any of the above-listed applications (free and paid) can be downloaded on the Android TV by following the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the Google Play Store.
- Type in Hulu or YouTube TV.
- Download any of the applications and watch the free channels that they offer.
- For the free applications, you can visit some popular AFK websites or use third applications such as the Downloader application.
Should I use a VPN to Watch Local Channels for Free?
Today’s technology makes the internet a potentially dangerous place. Someone experiences a privacy invasion or a cyberattack every single day. When we are careless while surfing the internet, such situations occur. The majority of times, something similar happens when we download an APK file that contains the virus.
We need a VPN to prevent these issues. Although there are many VPNs available, only some are trustworthy. With numerous servers located all over the world, ExpressVPN is a trustworthy and quick VPN. By doing the following, you can download ExpressVPN:
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you need an antenna to get local channels on FireStick?
Yes, if you want to access local channels over the air (OTA) with your FireStick, you’ll need to connect an antenna to your TV.
The FireStick device does not have a built-in antenna, so you’ll need to purchase one separately.
There are many options available, including indoor and outdoor antennas, and the type you choose will depend on your location and the strength of the signals in your area.
What are the major local TV channels?
The major local TV channels vary depending on your location and the TV market in your area. However, the four major broadcast networks in the United States are ABC, CBS, NBC, and Fox, and these networks are generally available in most markets.
Other popular local channels may include PBS, The CW, and Univision, depending on your location.
Is a subscription required to view local channels on FireStick?
It depends on how you want to access local channels. If you want to access local channels over the air with an antenna, you won’t need a subscription. However, if you want to access local channels through a streaming service or network app, you’ll typically need to pay for a subscription.
Some services, like Locast, offer free access to local channels in certain areas, but these services may need more availability and features.
It is beautiful to be able to watch the local channels on your device like FireStick. There are so many options that you can choose from and you can enjoy almost anything you desire. To ensure complete safety make sure you subscribe to ExpressVPN. Prevention is after all better than cure.