You have decided to install NOW TV on FireStick and need an easy way to do it. Well, you have come to the right place. We will outline how to get Sky’s NOW TV subscription working on your FireStick 4K, Fire TV devices, as well as Fire TV Cube.
Streaming services in Europe
Right now, Europe is seeing massive growth in new streaming subscriptions. This is because users are waking up to the fact that their cable set-top box contracts are prohibitively expensive, especially when compared to streaming plans. Streaming is an attractive option for consuming content.
The problem is that Europe does not have live streaming TV services. For example, BT, Sky, and Virgin Media continue to be the top three cable TV providers in the UK.
An increasing amount of people no longer want to pay for a cable TV connection. For them, the best option is NOW TV by Sky. NOW features live channels as well as on-demand content from partner networks and proprietary Sky channels. Talk about having the best of both worlds, and at a fraction of what you could pay for cable TV.
What is NOW TV?
Basically, NOW TV is a UK-based streaming service that bundles Sky Network’s burgeoning content library of movies, TV shows, and sports channels at your fingertips. Instead of signing up for long-term contracts, NOW TV offers a variety of different TV passes for its subscribers. You can pay for these passes on a monthly basis (with one exception).
Judging by your needs, NOW TV offers five different TV passes:
- Sky Cinema
- Sky Sports
Note: All passes are monthly, save for the Sky Sports one. You can avail it for one day or a week depending on your requirement!
NOW TV Passes
We go into detail about what is included in NOW TV passes:
You get the latest shows from Sky Atlantic, Sky One, Sky Crime, Comedy Central, Sky Witness, Sky Comedy as well as HBO, Fox, Discovery, MTV, etc. All in all, you get access to 300+ box sets.
Sky Cinema Pass
You get 1000+ movies on demand in addition to 11 Sky Movies channels.
You get Nickelodeon, Sky Kids, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, and Cartoonito channels for the kids.
You get 5000+ episodes of famous reality TV shows in America on-demand.
Sky Sports Pass
You get 11 live sports channels streaming from Sky, with News, Mix, Arena, Action, and more. Watch the Premier League, Cricket, F1, Golf, and any major sports events straight with the Sports Pass.
Note: You can add the NOW TV Boost add-on for £3 for additional benefits. You get an additional stream, 1080 and 50fps with Dolby Digital 5.1 sound support. You can also use your NOW subscription on three devices instead of the standard two-device limit.
Why get NOW TV?
These compelling features make a good case for why NOW TV streaming subscription is the better deal:
- Instead of paying for channels, you don’t like, you have control over what kind of content you want on-demand.
- Full HD 1080p resolution for Sky Sports streams with 5.1 Dolby Digital surround sound.
- Say no to long-term contracts. Enjoy live and on-demand content at NOW TV today.
- Get a free 7-day trial for every pass (except the Sports one). You can cancel any time during the trial.
How to sign up for NOW TV?
In order to use the free trial, or get the complete streaming package that’s suitable for your needs, you need to sign up, for NOW, TV first.
To sign up:
- Navigate to Nowtv.com from a web browser.
- Look for a Join NOW TV text on the top bar of the website.
- Select your preferred TV pass bundle from the page.
- Checkout from the site.
- Fill out the required personal information for registration of your NOW TV account. Enter your payment details.
How to install NOW TV on FireStick?
Sky has ensured that the NOW TV app is compatible with as many streaming devices as possible in the market today. NOW TV is supported on Android, iOS, Apple TV, Roku, smart TVs from Samsung/LG/Hisense, Playstation, Xbox, Chromecast, Windows and Mac iOS platforms.
Even better, here are the Amazon devices that support NOW TV:
- Fire TV Stick Lite – 1st Gen (2020)
- Fire TV Stick – 3rd Gen (2020)
- Fire TV Stick – 2nd Gen (2016-2019)
- Fire TV Stick – Basic Edition (2017)
- Fire TV Stick 4K – 1st Gen (2018)
- Fire TV Edition – JVC Smart HD/FHD (2020)
- Fire TV Cube – 2nd Gen (2019)
- Fire TV Edition – JVC 4K (2019)
To start using NOW on your FireStick, you need:
- A NOW account with any one or more TV Pass Membership. Sign up for one if you haven’t.
- Minimum download speed of 2.5 Mbps on broadband, or 180Kbps on 3G/4G.
- The NOW TV app.
To install the NOW TV app, follow these instructions:
- Go to the Home Screen on your FireStick.
- Use the Search icon and type ‘Now TV’ in the text field.
- Install the NOW TV app.
In case this doesn’t work, the app isn’t available on your official Amazon App Store. This can happen if you are browsing the store from an unsupported country.
Nevertheless, you may want to look into sideloading the app unofficially. Here’s how you can do so:
- Enable ‘install apps from an unknown source’ from settings. It is under Developer Options.
- Install the Downloader app. This file manager allows you to open unknown apps. To download it, type ‘Downloader’ in the Search field.
- Let the app finish downloading. Then click the Open button.
- Allow it to access media on your device.
- In Downloader, type the URL of an app and press Go button.
- Install it.
- That’s it. You can now use the NOW TV app.
We hope that this complete guide to installing and watching NOW TV on your FireStick helps you get your subscription running in no time.
Frequently Ask Questions
How can I get free NOW TV?
NOW TV is a paid streaming service that you need to sign up for and select a pricing plan. However, you can also sign up for a one-month free trial. Alternatively, if you have a working subscription of Sky TV in the UK, you can access NOW TV for free.
How do I install NOW TV on my Firestick?
If you want to download and install the NOW TV app on your Amazon Firestick, just follow the steps below:
- Download the NOW app from the app store on your Amazon Fire TV device
- Launch the app and select Join in
- Scan the QR code on the TV screen or just visit the address given under the QR code
- Once the web page loads, enter the code from the TV screen
- Hit Activate to complete the sign up process
Can I watch NOW TV on Firestick?
Even though it is usually offered as a paid subscription, NOW TV recently reached an agreement with Amazon. Now, the app is offered for free on the Amazon App Store and users can watch anything on it without paying for anything or signing up for unnecessary plans and subscriptions.