FireStick lets you experience the online streaming services in a whole different way. But it is important to get yourself acquainted with all the features. This post will help you to know FireStick in a better way. Stay with us till the end.
Top Tips & Tricks for Amazon FireStick
If you have the FireStick, you are already in a much better place. FireStick is a great streaming device by Amazon that allows you instant access to any online video content, such as movies, TV shows, live shows, sports, news, and much more.
Like any other great tool, FireStick has more to offer than what meets the eye. If you want to create the perfect streaming experience om your FireStick using no other fancy equipment, you can do that easily. The FireStick tips and tricks mentioned below will help you get there.
Using a VPN for your FireStick can help you to protect your identity and hide your online activity from prying eyes.
A VPN is a virtual private network that connects you to the internet via another server. This means that even if someone gains access to your device, they won’t be able to see what you’re doing on it.
Not only will this protect your privacy from hackers, but it also protects your data from being intercepted by governments or other organizations who might want to monitor your online activity.
It’s time to start thinking about your security, including considering how VPNs can protect your device when browsing the internet.
VPNs also allow users to access content from other countries worldwide without paying extra fees for a specific service like Netflix or Hulu TV. You can access anywhere in the world with just an Internet connection.
If you are looking for the best VPN for FireStick, get PureVPN. It has a dedicated app for FireStick that works flawlessly.
The FireStick is a great device that allows you to stream online content from your TV. You can use it to watch movies, TV shows, and other videos on your big screen.
However, if you want to adjust the FireStick, then you will need an HDMI extender.
The HDMI extender allows you to connect another HDMI device like a FireStick or any other HDMI enabled device through an existing cable.
You can extend an HDMI cable using this extender for up to 25 feet. This will allow you to move the FireStick away from the wall outlet or make sure that it does not interfere with any other devices in your home theater system.
Connect Wired Internet
Using a wired internet for your FireStick is important because it will help you get the most out of your device and ensure you don’t have any problems with it.
For example, if there is a problem with the connection between your device and the router, you can fix it easily with wired internet. It also helps keep your device safe from hackers who might try to hack into your router and steal sensitive information like passwords or credit card numbers.
You can also get the best speed possible for watching media and streaming content from the internet. The best thing about using wired internet is that it helps ensure that your device is running at peak performance, which means you can watch all types of content without any problems.
Add Wireless Headphones
You can use the wireless headphones feature on FireStick: Here is how.
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to System > Device > Wireless and Network Options.
- Enable the “Allow Headphones” option under “Bluetooth” in order to turn on the wireless headphones feature for your Fire TV device.
- Download and install a compatible headphone set from the Amazon Store or Google Play Store, then connect it to your Fire TV device via Bluetooth.
- The headphones will show up in your list of devices under Device > Audio & Video, with their own separate volume controls on either side of the device itself. You can adjust them independently or together by tapping them once. Once you’ve adjusted them properly, they’re ready for use.
Turn Off Click/Navigation Sound
The Turn Off Click/Navigation Sound feature is a great way to make sure your FireStick doesn’t keep annoying you when you’re trying to watch a movie or TV show. You can turn it off in the Setting menu on your device, or you can follow these steps:
- First, go to Settings > Display > Click/Navigation Sound
- Select “Off” from the menu.
- If you want to change the sound for all click sounds and navigation sounds for your FireStick, select “On” from the menu
Mouse Toggle for FireStick
Mouse Toggle is a feature of FireStick that allows you to easily switch between your mouse and keyboard. This makes it easier to use FireStick on the go, or when you’re in the middle of something else and need to pause.
- To access Mouse Toggle, open the Settings menu on the home screen. Select “Settings” from the menu at the top of your screen.
- Scroll down until you reach “Connection,” then select it from the list.
- From there, scroll down until you reach “Mouse Toggle.”
- You can change this setting so that it works both ways. You can toggle between mouse and keyboard whenever you want to.
Talk to the TV
FireStick is a wireless streaming device that allows you to stream your favorite shows, movies and music to any device in your home. You can also connect your FireStick to your TV or other display devices.
When you’re watching content on FireStick, you’ll see the name of the show or movie appear on the TV screen. You can then click on it and it will start playing on the TV.
If you want to listen to music while watching something else, click on Music Services and choose which one of them you’d like to use. If you want to pause or rewind a movie or show, just click on Manage Video from the menu bar at the top of the screen and select Pause or Rewind from there.
Using Talk to the TV feature is as easy as clicking on a button when watching something. Simply press down on your remote’s Home button and speak into it until it says “Talk To TV” Then say whatever message you want.
While watching FireStick, it’s important to use a magnifier. If you don’t, your eyes can get strained and cause headaches.
When you use magnifiers on your FireStick, you’ll be able to see things clearer than ever. The apps will look more vibrant and colorful, and all the little details will be easier to read.
Plus, you’ll be able to see even more information at once because you can zoom in instead of scrolling across multiple pages.
You can use magnifier glasses with any device with an app store.
Calibrate Display is a new feature in the Amazon Fire TV Stick that allows you to adjust the display settings of your device. This can also be used to change the screen size and resolution, as well as adjust how bright each pixel is.
To use Calibrate Display on your FireStick, follow these steps:
- On your FireStick, click on the Settings icon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Click on Display & Sound > Calibrate Display.
- Click on Calibrate Display and wait for it to do its thing.
Disable Auto-Play Video
Disable Auto-Play Video on FireStick is a useful feature that allows you to control the playback of videos on your FireStick.
You can set the device to automatically start playing videos after you connect it to your TV or other external devices. However, this can cause issues if you want to watch videos on your FireStick without turning on the TV or external devices.
By disabling auto-play video on FireStick, you can solve these issues and get the most out of your streaming experience.
Disabling Autoplay Video will help you avoid passwords, delays, and other frustrations that can come with streaming video on FireStick.
Examine What You’re Watching
The Examine What You’re Watching feature on FireStick is a great way to take a break from your show and see what other people are watching.
You can also use it to find out about new shows that have been added and to add more shows in your queue.
FireStick’s examine What You’re Watching feature is like a mini-social media feed, just for your TV.
It shows all the shows and movies you’ve been watching recently. So that you can easily find something to watch on demand. It also allows you to sort your shows by “recently added,” so it’s easy to get back to the shows you missed last night.
Free Movie Night
FireStick is a streaming device that allows you to watch movies and TV shows on your TV. It also has a free movie night feature, which gives you access to hundreds of movies and TV shows for free.
The free movie night feature requires you to download an app called “Watch ABC” onto your FireStick and then select which channels you want to see.
When you first open the app, it will ask if you want to add additional channels. If you say yes, it will add those channels automatically.
After that, when watching any channel on your FireStick, just click on the “Watch ABC” button in the upper right hand corner of the screen. This will bring up a list of all available channels, including those that are available through this app.
Enable Parental Control
The Parental Control feature of the FireStick lets you set up profiles for different family members, and then set device restrictions for each profile.
To start, create a new profile by clicking on the “+” button at the bottom of your screen. Click on the profile name to enter it.
Once you have created a profile, you can add restrictions by going to Settings > Parental Controls and typing in the name of the profile you want to add restrictions to.
You can also add restrictions manually by entering in a PIN code that only that particular profile has access to.
Mirror Android on Firestick
There are a lot of cool features on Firestick that you can’t get on other streaming platforms. One of them is Mirror Android, which lets you mirror your phone’s screen to your TV.
Mirror Android is super easy to use and it only takes a few seconds. Here’s how to set it up:
1) First, download the Mirror Android app from the Play Store and install it on both your computer and Firestick device.
2) Once you’ve done that, open the app on your computer and connect it to your Firestick device via HDMI cable. You’ll see the main screen appear on your TV once both devices are connected.
3) Now open Mirror Android on your FireStick device and select “Mirror” from the left menu bar at the top of the screen. Then select “HDMI 2.” This should take you right into using Mirror Android on FireStick!
Mirror iPhone to FireStick
Mirror iPhone on Firestick is a great way to watch movies and TV shows. You can use it on your phone, tablet or laptop.
The Mirror iPhone on Firestick feature lets you view the screen of your mobile device on your TV or computer. This is a fantastic tool for watching videos from YouTube, Facebook and other websites. You can also use it to stream content from your computer to your phone or tablet.
To mirror your phone’s screen on your TV, you will need an HDMI cable and an active internet connection. The Mirror iPhone on Firestick feature only works with Apple devices running iOS 9 or later.
Use Mobile Phone as Remote / Fire TV Remote App
You can use your mobile phone as a remote on Fire TV. It’s super easy to do, and it’ll save you money.
- Open the app called “Fire TV Remote”
- Click the “Settings” button in the top right corner of the main screen
- Click the “Playback” tab in the settings menu
- In the Playback tab, click “Remote Control“
- Now you can use your phone as a remote by selecting “Phone as Remote Device” from the list of available devices in Fire TV Remote.
Re-pair the Remote
If you’re having trouble re-pairing the remote on your FireStick, follow these steps:
- Make sure that you have the latest version of the remote app installed on your FireStick.
- Open the app and select “Get New Remote.”
- Select “Fire TV” from the menu and then “Select” to select the Fire TV you want to pair with your device.
- On your Fire TV, press and hold down on the power button for at least 5 seconds until all lights flash rapidly three times and then release it. This will ensure that your device is in safe mode after resetting your remote to factory settings.
- Press and hold down on the button on your remote until all four lights flash rapidly three times. And continue holding it until they all go off and then release it again. This will allow you to enter pairing mode with your Fire TV device.
Restart With the Remote
First of all, don’t panic. There’s a simple solution for restarting your FireStick. Just use the remote.
- Find the “fire” button on your remote and press it once. This should restart your FireStick and make it look like it’s starting up again.
- If you have multiple remotes, make sure to use the one that has an orange light on its top. This will be the one that controls your device, so make sure to use this one.
Get a Workout
Get a Workout is a feature that allows you to create your own workout playlist. For instance if you want to watch the best workout videos you can simply command your FireStick to do that for you.
View Local Content
FireStick is a streaming device that lets you watch TV shows and movies from the internet, as well as access your own personal media collection. Here’s how to get started:
- Open Netflix and sign in with your account information.
- Select the “Local” option on the left hand side of the screen, then select “Browse.”
- Scroll down until you see the name of your local library (or “My Library”) and click on it to view content available within that library.
Jailbreaking your FireStick is an easy process. Here is what you need to do:
- Download Cydia Impactor and install it on your computer.
- Open Cydia Impactor and drag the FireStick package onto the program.
- Click “Trust” when prompted, then wait for Cydia Impactor to finish installing.
- Return to your device’s Settings menu, and go to ‘Security‘ or ‘Lockdown‘.
- Select ‘Jailbreak’ from your options menu and you are good to go.
Best Apps for Jailbroken FireStick
If you have a jailbroken FireStick, here are some of the best apps for your device:
- Netflix: This is a great app for when you’re on the go or want to watch some TV shows and movies. It’s also got a ton of content from all over the world, so there’s something for everyone.
- Kodi: This app lets you stream all kinds of media, including Netflix and Amazon Prime Video. It has great add-ons and an easy to use interface, making it one of our favorites.
- Pandora Radio: This is another great app for streaming music and audiobooks on your jailbroken FireStick. The only thing we don’t like about this one is that it doesn’t support offline listening which means you have to connect to the internet.
Stop buffering on FireStick
If you’ve ever been browsing the web on your Fire TV and gotten caught up in a buffering loop, then you know how frustrating it is. Thankfully, there are a few easy ways to stop buffering and get back to browsing in no time.
Buffering is a common problem for FireStick users. Here’s what you can do to fix it.
- Check your internet connection: If you’re using Wi-Fi, make sure it’s not overloaded. If you’re using a wired connection, make sure there aren’t any other devices using the same bandwidth as your FireStick.
- Turn off buffering: In Settings > Video > Playback Mode, turn off “Play Videos in Fast Forward Mode” and “Play Videos in Fast Forward Mode with no buffer.” This will prevent buffering from occurring when playing videos.
- Check your router settings: Make sure that there are no ports open on your router that could be causing buffering issues on your FireStick. If you’re using an old router and don’t know how to check this, contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- Update the firmware: If you’ve updated the firmware recently. And if you haven’t seen any improvement in buffering, update it again. The latest firmware version is 1.2 which fixes many bugs and improves performance.
Travel with your FireStick
Travelling can be a great way to explore the world and experience new cultures,
Luckily, there are ways to travel with your FireStick so you are entertained throughout your journey.
- Get a carry-on bag that fits your FireTV Stick and other things you want to bring along on your trip.
- Pack everything into the carry-on bag except for the FireTV Stick itself and USB cables that connect it to other devices like an iPhone.
- Make sure the carry-on bag is locked in place before putting it on your suitcase or backpack so no one else can steal it while you’re away from home.
Change the Name
Changing the name on your FireStick is easy, and we’ll walk you through it.
- Open the Settings app on your Fire TV Stick.
- Choose the About tab and scroll down to Change Device Name and press Next.
- Enter your new name in the appropriate fields, then choose Done and press Next again.
- Your new name will now be displayed on your screen, so get ready to use it.
Delete Voice Recordings
To delete a voice recording, you need to access the file.
- Open your device and go to “Settings” > “Storage” to see the list of files on your FireStick.
- Find the file you want to delete and click on “Delete” or use the up/down arrow keys on your remote control to highlight it and press Enter.
- The file will be removed from your device after 15 seconds or when you exit from this screen.
Clear Your Data
Clearing your data on FireStick can be a little confusing, but it’s actually pretty simple. Follow these steps and you should be good to go:
- Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications.
- Select the application you want to remove, then select Uninstall.
- Confirm the uninstallation by selecting “OK“.
Factory Reset FireStick
To reset your FireStick to factory settings, follow the instructions given below:
- On your FireStick, go to Settings.
- Select Security and then Factory Reset.
- You will be asked if you’re sure you want to reset your device; select Yes to confirm the reset.
Stop Advertising in Its Tracks
- Download the FireStick Video Ad Blocker app.
- Install the app and launch it.
- Go to the “Settings” page and then click “Firestick” under “Device.”
- Choose your Firestick from the list that appears, and then click “Disable” under “Video Ad Blocking.”
How to Program FireStick Remote to TV
Programming your Firestick remote to your TV can be a little bit tricky, but the following instructions will help you get started.
First, you will need to find out which device is connected to your television. This is usually done by pressing the Menu button on the remote and selecting “Devices” from the menu that appears on screen.
If you are using a FireStick 2 or 3, there should be three devices listed instead of two: FireTV, FireTV Player and FireTV Game Console.
Next, use your remote to select “Settings” from this list of options.
Finally, scroll down until you see an option labeled “Set Up Device” (or something similar) with a plus sign next to it where it says “FireTV Remote Control.”
Select this option and follow directions on screen for setting up your remote control with your device so that all of its buttons work properly when used with your television set.
How to Clean TV Screen Without Streaks
To clean your TV screen, you’ll need:
- A soft cloth or sponge
- A can of air freshener (optional)
- A dry towel or paper towels
Step 1: Take the cloth and wipe down your TV from top to bottom. This will help remove any dust that might still be lingering on your TV.
If you have a can of air freshener, spray it onto the cloth and use it to wipe down your TV again.
Step 2: Finally, take a dry towel and wipe down the sides of your TV until they are completely dry.
How to use FireStick Without Remote
FireStick is a great way to access your favorite streaming services from your TV. But if you’re not sitting on the couch, how can you use it? Luckily there’s an easy way!
First, simply plug in FireStick to your TV with the included HDMI cable. Then download the FireStick app for Android or iOS and start using it.
You’ll find all of the same content that you’d get from Netflix, Hulu, and other streaming services on FireStick.
Why is my FireStick so slow?
If you’re experiencing slow speeds on your FireStick, it’s likely because you’re running out of free storage space.
When you first set up your FireStick, it will automatically download a few apps and games. After that, however, the device will use space from your internal storage to store its own apps and data.
If you don’t have enough internal storage space available, the FireStick can’t keep up with all of your requests for data and will get slower and slower over time.
To fix this issue, go into Settings > Storage > Manage storage > Clear all cache and data (this will delete everything on your device).
Once cleared, restart your device and try using it again. You should notice a significant improvement in speed!
FireStick Not Working: No Signal
Are you having trouble with signals on your FireStick? It’s not just you.
If you’re having trouble getting a signal on your FireStick or are getting errors when trying to connect, here’s what you can do to resolve the issue:
- Make sure that you have the latest version of the FireStick app on your phone. You can get it from the Google Play or App Store.
- Make sure that your router is updated with the latest firmware. You can check for updates by going into your router’s settings and looking for an option called “firmware.”
You might need to power off and then power on your router before trying again if it hasn’t been updated yet.
- Try using a different Wi-Fi network that isn’t crowded, like one at home or in your office instead of one that may be public. Alternatively, you can also use a Wi-Fi range extender and place it close to your Fire TV.
- If you still aren’t able to connect, try restarting both devices (phone and FireStick)
FireStick not connecting to tv
If you’re having trouble with your FireStick and it’s not connecting to your TV, here are some troubleshooting steps you can try.
- Check the reset button on the bottom of the device. If that doesn’t work, try unplugging and replugging it in.
- Check that your FireStick is connected to a power source and that it’s turned on.
- Check that your router is plugged in and turned on, and that the router has an internet connection (for example, through Ethernet or Wi-Fi).
FireStick not connecting to Wi-Fi
If you’re having trouble connecting your FireStick to Wi-Fi, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try. Here’s how to get going:
- Make sure you’ve installed the latest version of the FireStick software on your device. This can be done by downloading it from the Amazon website and installing it on your device.
- Make sure that your firewall is not blocking connections to the Internet or your network. If this is the case, enable it so that you can connect to your router via LAN cable.
- Try turning off any other applications on your FireStick that might be running in the background or using up CPU resources (such as Netflix or Spotify).
- Try restarting your FireStick by holding down the power button for 10 seconds until all lights stop blinking and then releasing it again after about five seconds.
Why does my FireStick keep restarting?
There are a couple of reasons why your FireStick might be restarting.
First, the FireStick could be experiencing an issue with its memory. If your FireStick is restarting frequently, try removing any apps that you have running in the background or reboot it by unplugging it from power for about 15 seconds. You can also try restarting your router and if that doesn’t work, resetting it will resolve the issue.
If none of these solutions work, you may want to contact customer service for additional troubleshooting options.
How to close apps on FireStick?
To close apps on FireStick, you can use the following steps:
- Open your favorite app and press the Home button.
- Press the Home button again to show the FireStick home screen.
- Tap on an app that you want to close and drag it down until it is white and highlighted, then release your finger to close it
Amazon FireStick Connected With Problems
When you have problems with your Amazon FireStick and it’s not working properly, here are some things to try.
1) Make sure you’re using the right USB port and that your FireStick is connected to the right port. If you’re not sure which port is for which device, check out Amazon’s “How To Connect Your Fire TV” page for more information on connecting.
2) Make sure that you’re using the latest version of your FireStick software (for example, v1.0 or v1.2). If your FireStick software is older than v1.0 and you still have problems with it, download the latest version from Amazon’s website and install it on your device.
3) Make sure that your device is connected to a wireless network. If not, try another wireless network and see if that helps.
4) Make sure there aren’t any other devices connected to your router or modem (like a computer or smartphone) that might be interfering with streaming or downloading from the Internet on your FireStick.
5) Try restarting everything by unplugging all devices from power outlets for at least 20 minutes and you can also use a battery puller.
If you’re having trouble restarting your FireStick, here are some steps to get it back up and running.
- Make sure that your FireStick is connected to your television using the cable that came with it. If you have a wireless connection, make sure that it is turned on and that you’re in range of the router where your television is connected.
- You’ll need to go into Settings on your Fire TV device, then select “System” from the menu on the left side of the screen. From there, select “Force Stop,” then “Clear Cache” and finally “Clear Data.”
- Wait ten minutes before trying to restart again by following Steps 1-2 again above. This time selecting “Restart System” instead of “Clear Cache” and “Clear Data.”
- After ten minutes, select “System” from the settings menu again, but this time select “Reboot System Now.”
Delete Apps on FireStick
Deleting apps on your FireStick is a great way to clear up space and make your FireStick more efficient. Here’s how you can do it:
- Go to Settings from the home screen and select Applications.
- Select All Applications, then press the button next to the app you want to delete.
- Tap Delete, then confirm your move by tapping Delete again.
Update Apps on FireStick
You’ve just bought a FireStick, and you’re ready to get started.
But before you do anything, there are a few things to check on your FireStick and make sure it’s up-to-date with the latest version of apps.
So what’s going on here? Why update your apps? Well, updating your apps will keep them from crashing or having other issues that could lead to frustration. It will also allow you to use new features added in newer versions of those apps.
If you have a lot of apps installed on your FireStick, this can take some time. But don’t worry.
Before installing any updates, make sure that everything is off and no apps are running in the background or using power.
Then follow these steps:
1) Go into Settings > Application Manager and tap “Select All.” Then click “Install” for each app you want to install updates for.
2) Make sure everything says “Installed” before proceeding with any further steps.
3) Allow “update all” and you are good to go.
Alternatively, you can also turn on the auto-update option so that all of your apps remain updated to the latest versions at all times.