What is YouTube Music?
YouTube Music is a music streaming platform similar to Spotify, Amazon Music, Deezer, and Pandora. The app lets you stream music of various genres. With YouTube Music, you can stream songs in audio and video and jam with lyrics. YouTube Music has over 70 million official songs available for users.
Subscribing to its premium package, you can stream music without ads. YouTube Premium also allows you to download songs and listen to them offline. You can also create playlists of your favorite songs. The premium service of YouTube Music costs $4.99 a month for the individual plan and $9.99 per month for the family plan.
Unfortunately, the official YouTube Music app is unavailable on the Amazon App Store. To install the app on your FireStick, you will have to sideload the app. This article will show you the alternative ways of installing and listening to YouTube Music on FireStick.
Always Use a VPN with YouTube Music
When you connect to a VPN, your online identity gets hidden, allowing you to evade the limitations as well as the threats that lurk in cyberspace. With a VPN, you will also remain safe from all legal limitations and troubles. Get ExpressVPN for a secure streaming experience when using third-party apps on FireStick.
How to Install YouTube Music on FireStick?
YouTube Music APK URL:
Use this URL to download the APK: https://bit.ly/3yyHbf8
As mentioned, the YouTube Music app is unavailable on the Amazon App Store. You will have to sideload the app with the Downloader app. Follow the steps below to get YouTube Music on FireStick:
- Launch your FireStick,
- Go to your FireStick home screen and navigate to Find.
- Click on the search icon and type Downloader in the search box.
- Click the first option.
- Now, select the Downloader app and click on Download.
- Wait for the download to finish.
- Once the Downloader app is installed, go back to your FireStick’s home screen.
- Navigate to the Settings icon and click on it.
- Now, choose My Fire TV.
- Scroll down to Developer Options and click on it.
- Now, scroll down again and select Install unknown apps.
- Choose the Downloader app to enable your FireStick to allow the installation of apps from unknown sources.
- Once you enable the install apps from unknown sources option, open the Downloader app.
- On the homepage of Downloader, click on the URL field.
- Now type the following URL of the APK file of YouTube Music in the box: https://bit.ly/3yyHbf8.
- Click on the Go button and wait for the file to download.
- Once the file is downloaded, select the Install option to proceed with the installation.
- Wait for the app to install, and then click Open to launch YouTube Music on your FireStick. You can also access the app through the My apps & games section later.
Alternative Ways to Listen to YouTube Music on FireStick
Stream YouTube Music on the YouTube app
Another way to stream music on YouTube Music on FireStick is doing it through the official YouTube app. The official app for YouTube is available on the Amazon Play Store. Follow the steps below to stream YouTube Music through YouTube:
- Launch your FireStick. Open your FireStick home screen and navigate to Find.
- Click on the Search icon below and type YouTube in the search box.
- Click on the option that says YouTube, and then select the icon for the YouTube app. Now, click on Download to start the installation.
- After the app is installed, select Open.
- Once the app is opened, click on the Music tab from the sidebar on the left.
Play your favorite songs and enjoy!
Screen Mirror YouTube Music from your phone to FireStick
Here is yet another alternative way to stream YouTube music on your FireStick without having to download the app. YouTube Music has built-in casting support, which means you can cast YouTube music from your smartphone or tablet to your FireStick. Follow the steps below to cast YouTube music on FireStick:
- Launch your FireStick. Go to your home screen and click on the Settings button,
- Select the Display & Audio icon underneath.
- Now, select Enable Display Mirroring to turn on screen mirroring.
- Your FireStick device will be in the Display Mirroring mode for you to mirror your smartphone with it.
- Next, connect your smartphone/ tablet and your FireStick to the same internet connection.
- Now, install the YouTube Music app on your smartphone through the Google Play Store.
- Once the app is installed, log in to your YouTube Music account.
- Once you are in, choose any song you want to listen to and put it on.
- You will see the Cast icon on the top of your screen. Click on it.
- Under the Devices available nearby option, select your FireStick device, and the song will be cast on your FireStick.
How to fix YouTube Music With Troubleshooting Methods:
There are times when users complain about issues with the YouTube music app. At such times, they complain that the app keeps crashing or the songs keep stuttering. In that case, follow the troubleshooting steps given below:
- Close the app and turn it back on.
- Shut off your FireStick and turn it back on, then try opening the app again and see if it’s working.
- If you are listening to YouTube Music through the cast, ensure that your phone and FireStick are connected to the same network.
- Check if your internet connection is working fine or if the song keeps stuttering.
- If you have the app sideloaded and it won’t update, try searching for a new and updated APK file for it.
- YouTube Music is geo-blocked in various countries and regions. If the app is not available in your country or won’t work in your region, use a trusted VPN like ExpressVPN to get past the geo-restrictions. Connect your device to an American server to continue streaming your favorite songs.
Here’s how you can get ExpressVPN in quick easy steps:
Frequently Asked Questions
Is YouTube Music available for free?
YouTube Music is available for free for users on the Google Play Store. However, some additional features require a YouTube Music Premium subscription which costs $4.99 per month for the individual plan and $9.99 per month for the family plan.
Can I get the YouTube Music app on FireStick?
Unfortunately, the YouTube Music app isn’t officially available on the Amazon App Store. But you can sideload the app or use the alternative ways mentioned in this article to stream YouTube Music.
How much does YouTube Music Premium cost?
The premium subscription for YouTube Music has two plans. An individual plan costs $4.99 per month, and a family plan costs $9.99 per month.
Can I stream YouTube Music through the YouTube app?
Yes, you can stream YouTube Music through the YouTube app by selecting the Music tab from the sidebar on YouTube.