Given the glut of thousands of internet-enabled TV services (IPTV) out there, it can be hard to determine which ones are worth your time and money. Mega IPTV on firestick has made a name for itself among these, with over 12,000 live channels and video-on-demand services.
It is a great alternative to traditional cable TV bundles, which end up being far more costly for the average consumer. All your sports, entertainment, news, and nature channels come conveniently in one place.
Why is using Mega IPTV illegal?
For legal reasons, Mega IPTV is not available on official app stores like Amazon, Apple App Store, or Google Play. This is because as per the law, as long as the streamer holds the correct licenses for the content it is streaming, it is within its rights if it chooses to broadcast or stream such content.
Questions do remain regarding the legality of such services in regions where the content is unavailable or where the relevant copyright laws do not exist.
This is why it is recommended to use a VPN with IPTV services. They keep your activity encrypted and anonymous. This in turn lets you stay safe from cyber-crack-downs against users of such services.
How to set up Mega IPTV on FireStick/Fire TV
Here’s how you can get Mega IPTV on a firestick or Fire TV device:
- Plug in your FireStick to your HDMI display.
- Once you are booted up and ready, you will be on the Amazon Fire OS home screen. Go to Settings > My Fire TV > Device > Developer Options > Apps from Unknown Sources. Turn it on.
- You will now be able to install the Mega IPTV app via sideloading (more on this later).
- Press the Home button.
- Press left on the remote and select the magnifier icon. You will now be able to perform a search.
- Type Downloader. It is a utility to install third-party apps on your Fire OS device. This process is called sideloading.
- Once you have installed Downloader, open the app.
- You will have to use this URL to download an app via Downloader – apk.megaiptv.app
- Note down the MAC address of the device you want to use MegaIPTV with. You will need to register this address at the Mega IPTV website before you can use it.
- Install the app and launch it.
- You will be asked to enter your credentials before you can use them.
Optional: It is safe to delete the IPTV app from the Downloader after installation in case you want to save some space.
How to install and set up Mega IPTV on Android TV
The process is somewhat similar to the above one. Here’s what you need to do to get it up and running on Android TV:
- Open Play Store & Search for Downloader.
- Install it. Launch the app and enter this URL – apk.megaiptv.app
- Now the Mega IPTV app will be installed > Note your MAC address.
- Visit the Mega IPTV website to activate your account. You will need the MAC address for this.
- Visit the Upload List website – https://mega-iptv.app/mylist
- Enter the MAC Address, Playlist Name, and the Playlist URL.
- Click Upload > You will now be able to use Mega IPTV on your registered device.
Mega IPTV information & features
- Over 12,000 live channels
- Plans start from $25.00/month
- The standard plan allows one connection
- Works with VPNs
- VOD capabilities
- Enjoy a 12-hour free trial
- Sports programming
- All the news networks
- Keep track with the Favorites Manager
- 24/7 channels
- External player support
- Supports PayPal and Credit/Debit cards for payment
- 24/7 customer support
- M3U URL support
- Electronic Program Guide (EPG) for simplicity
- Supported platforms include FireStick/Fire TV and Android
Read More: How to install and watch MSG Go on FireStick
Is it safe to use Mega IPTV?
We ran the Mega IPTV URL with VirusTotal. Here are the findings from the online virus scanning tool:
- No malicious files with malware or virus detected.
It is recommended to always use a VPN while using IPTV services. Why? We answer this question below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use Mega IPTV with a smartphone or tablet?
Yes, you can. There are mobile apps for Android and iOS that enable Mega IPTV on your tablet or smartphone.
What devices can Mega IPTV be installed on?
Apart from your web browser and mobile devices, Mega IPTV also supports Fire TV and Android TV.
How much does Mega IPTV cost?
You can subscribe to four different subscription plans for Mega IPTV. These plans start at €19.99 for a month and only €69.99 for the yearly subscription. For US-based subscribers, it comes down to $25 per month.
What TV channels come with the Mega IPTV app?
There are too many to list, but you can rest assured that you get over 12,000 channels with their standard plan.