Amazon Fire TV Stick is a popular streaming device that can convert any TV into Smart TV. As you plug your Fire Stick into your TV’s HDMI port, it will let you download your favorite streaming apps like Prime Video, Disney, Netflix, Hulu Plus, YouTube.com, and even more.
Even if you already have a Smart TV with apps or not, Fire Stick can expand your options. It’s the perfect alternative to your expensive cable subscription; all you need is to connect it to an available USB port and have a stable Wi-Fi connection.
How does it benefit?
There are various benefits of uninstalling irrelevant apps. It will add additional space for required apps, boost overall performance, and resolve technical issues.
1. To allow space for other apps
Fire Stick offers a total 8GB storage capacity for its user. Overloading the devices with multiple apps that you might use once in a while slows down the device and will also result in space shortage for your desired apps. Get rid of unnecessary apps and updates and make room for your favorite apps.
2. Delete app data and cache
Deleting and reinstalling apps is not the right practice to erase the cache and data on Fire Stick devices. It might help to fix some technical errors for the time being, but these issues will pop up again. It’s recommended to delete cache and app data first before deleting and reinstalling apps.
3. To resolve app issues
Most of the time, the solution to your problems is quick and easy. Resolving technical errors like freezing a certain app, crashing an app, or slowing down a device is just a click away. Try removing the troubling app and reinstalling them to see if they work properly again.
4. Speed up Fire Stick performance
Uninstalling unnecessary apps, as well as resolving technical issues, can improve the performance of a Fire Stick. Operating systems need their required space to function properly, and if it overburdens your devices, it will have a serious impact on the device’s overall performance. You will often face slowdowns, app freezing or crashing issues, or buffering (while using high-speed internet). When you delete apps on Fire Stick, you free up space that the device needs to function, resulting in improved performance.
Too many permissions and privacy concerns are required for some apps. Deleting the apps that require excessive permissions is one way to secure your device. However, the best practice is to not download irrelevant apps in the first place or give them access to your data. In this way, you will get rid of apps that might cause issues for your device in the future.
How to uninstall apps on Fire Stick
A Fire TV has only 8GB of memory by default; if it doesn’t operate or hangs often, it’s because the apps have used up all of the available memory. To fix the problem, delete the applications you don’t use from your Fire TV. To free up space, you may also clean the cache or data of apps, so we’re here to walk you through uninstalling apps and clearing their data and cache on the Fire TV stick.
Irrespective of the Fire Stick model you are using or the Smart TV, you have connected it with, the steps will remain the same, and you can find them easily on your old devices. Follow the steps and get rid of unwanted applications.
Uninstalling apps on Amazon Fire TV is a straightforward process that requires only a few steps outlined here.
- Open your Fire TV and use the remote to select “Settings” from the menu; it will be the last choice in the menu, located in the top right corner of the TV screen.
- In Settings, select “Applications” from the drop-down menu.
- Choose “Manage Installed Applications” from the remote to check the remaining space on your Fire Stick.
- A list of all the apps installed on your Fire Stick will appear.
- Choose and Uninstall apps from Fire Stick
- Clear the Application’s cache before removing it.
- Use the “Clear Cache” option to clear its cache before deleting software or app.
- From the drop-down menu, click the uninstall option.
- You’ll receive a window asking you to confirm that you wish to remove apps from Fire Stick, after which all of the app’s data will be destroyed.
- The apps will be uninstalled from the Fire Stick if you select “Uninstall” in the popup.
By following the above steps, you will get the answer to your question, “How to uninstall apps on Fire Stick.”
Remove Pre-installed Bloatware Apps
Fire Stick has plenty of pre-installed, known as bloatware. Some of these apps can’t be uninstalled as Fire Stick needs these apps to ensure a smooth process. However, not all of them can’t be uninstalled. Many users’ first action is to delete apps on Fire Stick and make room for their devices.
The steps are quick and simple
- Go to the setting and choose Application.
- The go-to the manage applications and select the apps you want to remove.
- You will sell the three options force stop, clear cache, and clear data.
- First clear cache and data, and then choose the uninstalled option from the list.
- Agree to the “are you sure option” and again choose to “uninstall.“
Now the apps are perfectly removed from your devices.
How to clear the cache on a Fire Stick
The cache contains the app’s data that you frequently use since it keeps frequently used information and speeds up access to minimize the average time to access the data.
However, sometimes the cache takes up a lot of space, and we need to free it up. We also need to remove the data of the apps. It’s almost as simple as the steps followed in the How to uninstall apps on the Firestick section
- Use the TV remote to navigate to the “Settings” section of the Fire TV device.
- From the settings, choose “Applications.”
- All of the apps loaded on your device will appear when you tap “Manage installed Applications.”
- Choose whatever app’s cache or data you want to delete.
- Then select “Clear Cache” or “Clear Data” to clear the app’s cache memory and data.
You may now easily install new apps on your Fire TV, and it will work properly.
Frequently asked questions
How do I increase storage on my Fire TV?
You can expand the storage by connecting your device with external storage for the Fire TV. Connect a flash drive to your Fire TV’s USB port on the rear. It will give you additional space to install the extra apps.
What does clearing the cache on Fire Stick do?
Clearing the cache will delete all of your data and reset the app to factory settings. If an app is giving you a lot of error messages and it’s only happening on your Fire Stick, all you have to do is delete the cache. To keep the Fire Stick working properly, it is necessary to remove the cache. If you’re having problems, cleaning the cache should be one of your priorities. This will improve the performance of your Fire Stick, but it will also assist you with device storage management.
How much memory does a Fire Stick have?
According to Amazon specs, a Fire Stick offers 8 GB of storage. However, only 4.5 GB of that is available for internal storage.