You might be facing a problem too after trying to access your Smart TV with a smart remote. But don’t worry! This is one of the most common issues that people struggle with. So, if you’re wondering how to reset a FireStick remote to factory settings, continue reading…
We have come to your assistance with the easiest tricks and tips to help you master the magic of resetting a FireStick remote to factory settings.
Before we dive into the technicalities that will help you reprogram a FireStick remote, let’s get to know the different versions of these remotes first.
Identifying controllers – Which Amazon FireStick Remote do I Have?
It is crucial to understand which model and version your FireStick remote belongs to, as it will save you a lot of time and fix your issues accordingly. In this guide, you will learn how to reset the following Amazon FireStick remotes:
- Basic Edition Remote
- Alexa Voice Remote
- Alexa Voice Remote Lite
- Fire TV Smart TV Remote
- Fire TV Soundbar Remote
See Also – Reset Amazon FireStick without a remote
How to Reset your Amazon FireStick Remote to Factory Settings?
Before you can begin using any of the Fire TV sticks, you will have to pair the remote first. You can reset the Fire TV remote, pair it, or unpair it in a number of ways, depending on its model and generation.
Reset the Basic Edition Remote
If you have got your hands on the Basic Edition Fire TV Stick Remote, here is how you can reset it:
- First, you will have to press the Home button.
- As you hold down the Home button, press the Menu button on the FireStick, the three horizontal lines, three times.
- Then, after letting go of the Home button, click the Menu button again nine times.
- Extract the batteries of your remote.
- Unplug the stick, and wait for 60 – 90 seconds.
- Put the batteries in the Fire TV Stick again, and turn it on.
- When you see the home screen flashing on your Fire TV Stick, press the Home button and hold it down for forty seconds.
- It will take the system a minute to complete the setup.
Reset the Amazon Voice remote, Amazon Voice remote Lite, Fire TV Smart TV remote, and the Fire TV Soundbar remote
If you own any one of the above-mentioned FireStick remotes, you can reset them by using the following process:
- The first thing you need to do is disconnect the power cord attached to the Fire TV Stick.
- Wait for sixty seconds.
- On your FireStick remote, hold down the Menu, Left, and Back buttons for twelve seconds at the same time.
- Let go of the Menu, Left, and Back buttons on the remote and wait for another five seconds before you remove the batteries.
- Reconnect the power cord and turn on the device.
- Wait for another sixty seconds.
- Place the batteries back in the remote.
- Then, press the Home button on the FireStick, and the reset is complete.
These methods will make resetting of your Fire TV remotes feel like a breeze!
Many people also come across the following queries when they are dealing with a FireStick remote. Let’s see how you can fix those without sweating much!
Why FireStick remote stopped working?
There are many reasons that can cause your FireStick to stuck in a restarting loop or become unresponsive. A few of the most common ones are:
- Software bugs
- Battery corrosion
- Drained or exhausted batteries
- Lagging internet speed
- Outdated TV firmware
- Inaccessible internet
- Faulty or disconnected Bluetooth
- Connection issues such as interference among the systems
All of these problems can be fixed if you successfully reset your FireStick remote.
How to Fix Volume on FireStick remote?
The majority of the FireStick remotes can control the volume settings of a TV. However, this feature can give you a hard time if you do not know how to access it properly. Here are a few tricks that will help you fix the volume on your FireStick remote:
- Recheck if you have pressed the mute button.
- Replace the batteries as they might be exhausted.
- Eliminate any obstacles that are blocking the IR receiver of the TV.
- Restart your FireStick.
- Reset your FireStick.
- Unpair unwanted Bluetooth devices.
- Use Alexa Voice Support as a last resort.
How to Resolve Other Issues on Amazon FireStick?
Here are some common troubleshooting steps for Amazon Firestick:
- Restart the Firestick: Unplug it from the power source for 30 seconds, then plug it back in.
- Check the internet connection: Make sure your Firestick is connected to the internet. You can check the connection by going to Settings > Network.
- Check for updates: Go to Settings > My Fire TV > About > Check for Updates. If an update is available, install it.
- Clear cache and data: Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications. Select the app that is causing problems and select Clear Cache and Clear Data.
- Factory reset: If the above steps do not work, you can try a factory reset. Go to Settings > My Fire TV > Reset to Factory Defaults.
- Check the power supply: Make sure that the Firestick is plugged in to a power source and that the power outlet is working.
- Contact Amazon support: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, contact Amazon support for further assistance.
If you ever find yourself in a dilemma when you are trying to reset a FireStick remote, do not fret. You just have to give this blog a read once again and enjoy the perks of your Smart TV!
Frequently Asked Questions
Are FireStick remotes universal?
The answer is yes! You will find many Fire TV remotes interchangeable, but that doesn’t apply to all types. That is why, if you have lost your previous remote or you are looking for its replacement, pick one that is compatible with the Fire Stick model and generation that you own.
Can a FireStick remote be replaced?
Yes. Your FireStick remote can definitely be replaced by a new one. However, again, ensure that the new model is compatible and can be used without having any issues before you place the order.
How do I pair my remote to my FireStick?
The process of pairing the remote to your FireStick is simple and seamless. You can set it up in no time and watch your favorite content!
Firstly, turn on your TV and make sure that you are at a distance of 10ft (3m) from it while holding the remote. Once that is accomplished, all that is needed is to push the Home button and hold it for ten seconds. You will see a blinking blue light on the FireStick remote and then an on-screen confirmation telling you that the remote is now paired.