If you’re looking for a way to stream your media collection on your FireStick, you may consider installing Plex. Plex is a popular media server application that allows you to organize and stream your movies, TV shows, music, etc. Plus, it’s free to download and use.
If you want to install Plex on your FireStick, there are a few things you need to do first. First, make sure that your FireStick is plugged into an HDMI port on your TV and has an internet connection. You will also need a USB flash drive or SD card at least 4GB in size.
It is always recommended to use a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN when you’re streaming content online in order to keep you protected from a potential security breach.
Always Use a VPN with Plex
When you connect to a VPN, your online identity gets hidden, allowing you to evade the limitations as well as the threats that lurk in cyberspace. With a VPN, you will also remain safe from all legal limitations and troubles. Get ExpressVPN for a secure streaming experience when using third-party apps on FireStick.
Sign up for a Plex Account
If you’re looking for a great way to stream your media, you should sign up for a Plex account. Plex is a media server software that allows you to organize your media on any device. It’s easy to set up and use and available on various platforms.
To sign up for a Plex account follow the steps given:
- Visit the Plex website and click on the “Sign Up” button.
- Enter your email address and choose a password.
- Then click on the “Create Account” button.
- Once you’ve created your account, you can add your media to Plex.
- Click on the “Add Library” button and select the type of media you want to add.
- Once you’ve added your media, you can start streaming it on any device.
- To do this, download the Plex app on your device and sign in with your account.
- Then, select the media you want to stream and start watching.
Plex is a great way to stream your media, and it’s easy to use. Sign up for a Plex account today to get started.
Read More: How to watch Apple TV+ on FireStick
How to Install Plex on FireStick?
Follow the steps below to install Plex on your FireStick:
- On your FireStick, go to Settings and then Device.
- Select Developer Options and turn on both ADB Debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources.
- Go back to the main menu and select Search.
- Type in “Downloader” and select the Downloader app from the search results.
- Select Get and then wait for the app to install.
- Once it’s finished, launch the Downloader app.
- Enter the following URL into the field: (https://plex.tv/downloads)
- Select the Download button and then choose the Android option.
- Wait for the download to finish, then select Install.
- Launch Plex from your app’s menu once it’s done.
How to Install Plex on Android TV OS and Android TV Box?
There are two ways to install Plex on Android TV OS and Android TV Box. The first way is to download the Plex app from the Google Play Store. The second way is to sideload the Plex app onto your Android TV device.
If you want to install Plex using the Google Play Store,
- Simply open up the store and search for “Plex.”
- Once you find the app, click “Install” and wait for the app to finish downloading and installing.
If you want to sideload Plex onto your Android TV device,
- First you’ll need to download the APK file from the Plex website.
- Once you have the APK file, transfer it to your Android TV device. You can use a USB flash drive or SD card to do this.
- Once the APK file is on your Android TV device, open up the “File Manager” app and navigate to the location where you saved the file.
- Select the APK file and click “Install“.
- Wait for the installation to finish, and then launch the Plex app.
How to set up Plex on FireStick and Android TV Box?
If you’re looking for a way to get Plex on your FireStick or Android TV Box, here’s how.
- First, you’ll need to download the Plex app from the Amazon Appstore or the Google Play Store.
- Once you have the app installed, launch it and sign in with your Plex account.
- Next, you’ll need to set up your server. If you don’t have a Plex account, you can create one for free.
- Once you have an account, you can add your media libraries and start streaming.
- Finally, you’ll need to connect your FireStick or Android TV Box to your TV.
- Simply plug the HDMI cable from your FireStick or Android TV Box into your TV.
- Once connected, you should see the Plex app on your TV.
That’s it! You should now be able to stream your media libraries from Plex on your FireStick and Android TV Box.
Follow the steps given below to ensure safe streaming with ExpressVPN.
Now that you know how to install Plex on FireStick, it’s time to start using it! Plex is a great way to watch your favorite movies and TV shows, and with the FireStick, you can take it anywhere. Just remember to follow the instructions carefully and you’ll be up and running in no time.