HBO Go was an excellent service that offered a variety of content from different genres. This includes series, specials and films as well! It launched in 2010 but due to the arrival of Warner Media’s Max HBO Services have been laid back with most digital media platforms losing access to its app stores nowadays (appearing only on Apple TV).
The discontinuity of HBO Go was announced in 2020, making it clear that this service is no longer available for streaming. However, its contents will be made available through a separate video streaming app called “HBO Max” which offers more content than what was previously provided by the original application
Is HBO Go on Firestick?
HBO Go is not available on Firestick as HBO go on firestick won’t work, there are users willing to activate hbo go on firestick, you will need to opt for a Downloader or a Casting option. These are not available in-app so be sure that they’re enabled before downloading anything else.
How to download HBO Go on firestick
For users willing to download HBO Go on Firestick, they will need to follow the steps mentioned below to access the channel on Firestick instantly.
- Go to the home screen on your Fire TV.
- Select the Find tab from the home screen.
- Then, choose the Search tile.
- With the virtual keyboard, enter Downloader and search for it.
- Choose the Downloader app from the search result.
- Next, click on the Get or Download button to install the app.
- After installing the app, click on the Open button.
How to Cast HBO Max to Firestick & Stream HBO GO
The following steps will help you cast your favourite HBO show on Fire TV. Screen Mirroring is an easy and affordable way to get access not just in Asia, but anywhere in the world.
- On your Android Smartphone, install the HBO Go app from the Google Play Store.
- Then, bring down the Notification Panel and tap on Cast.
- Next, choose your Firestick device.
- Now, launch the HBO Go app and log in with your account.
- Finally, you can play any content on the HBO Go platform to stream on your Firestick device-connected TV.
How to Install HBO Go on Firestick via Downloader App
As soon as you are done with installing a downloader. You must follow the steps below to install HBO Go on Firestick via Downloader App.
- After installing the Downloader app, go to Settings.
- Then, choose the My Fire TV tab.
- Select the Developer options.
- From the Developer options section, select Install Unknown apps.
- Choose the Downloader app and turn it on.
- Select the Apps tab from the Fire TV home screen and launch the Downloader app from the Your Apps and Channels section.
- Use your Fire TV remote to select the URL Box from the home screen.
- With the virtual keyboard, enter the URL of the APK File of the HBO Go app.
- Click on the Go button to download the HBO Go app.
- After downloading the HBO Go app, click on the Install button from the prompt window.
- Then, the HBO Go app will be installed on Firestick.
- Once the HBO app is installed, click on the Open button.
NOTE: Don’t forget to connect to a VPN to stream on HBO Go privately. Also, you can connect to Asian VPN server locations like India, Singapore, etc. to access the HBO Platform from anywhere in the world.
- Enter your subscription credentials to log in to your account.
- Finally, you can enjoy streaming on the HBO Go platform on the big screen.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I cancel my HBO Go subscription on my Fire Stick?
To cancel your HBO Go Subscription you just need to send a request to the channel support and address their issue regarding your experience. As soon as you get the form to cancel the subscription, put it in the case and the request will be worked on instantly.
Is HBO Go free on Firestick?
HBO Go is not a free channel and you will be needing a subscription plan to access HBO Go on Firestick.
Is HBO Max on Firestick?
HBO Max is not on Firestick unfortunately but yes there are options where you can get intact with activating your HBO Go account through Casting your screen which is mentioned above. Also you can watch HBO Go on Firestick via Downloader App, the steps are mentioned in the content above, follow it to get what you want.
HBO Max offers almost all the best features of an extravagant streaming library, part of a pay-tv subscription. It has 5 user profiles, third party content and whatnot which makes it better than other services out there. To get the HBO Max application on your Amazon Firestick, you will need to use Downloader and/or Casting options. These are not available in-app so be sure that they’re enabled before downloading anything else. Moreover, for any user that is willing to look into HBO Go and their content can also watch the service via many devices like Android, iOS Devices except Apple TV since HBO is compatible with many devices simultaneously.