Watching your favorite movie in your FireStick has its own perks, but have you ever tried connecting it to a projector? If you are shaking your head no, you are missing out on some major fun! If you would like to learn how to connect a Fire Stick to a projector, this blog is for you. We have compiled the perfect guide for you. Continue reading to learn more!
Stream with or without an HDMI connection
If your projector comes with an HDMI port and has a free spot, it is best to stream with an HDMI connection. Streaming without one can cause one to make extra efforts, which is not an ideal situation for many.
How to use a FireStick with a Projector?
Generally, many can connect a FireStick with a projector in the same way they would couple their FireStick with a TV. But there are just a few additional steps or issues that might come up. Simply, the major actions involved in using a FireStick with a projector are connecting the two systems with each other, modifying the settings of the projector, and then finally, streaming whatever you want to watch like movies, shows, sports, etc.
If there is an HDMI input attached to your projector, you can connect your FireStick with it without the need for any extra adapters. However, you might need to get an extension cable if your projector doesn’t have much space. Other than that, if your projector comes with a housing that hinders the connection between your Firestick and its remote, using an extension cable might fix your problem.
There are many projectors that do not have HDMI ports. Does that mean you can not connect them with your FireStick? Absolutely not. All you have to do is determine the type of video and audio connectors your projector has. Once that is established, you can get your hands on an adapter that can make the conversion of HDMI into your desired type of input a hassle-free ordeal.
Have a look at the most common projector inputs you can find in the market easily:
An HDMI looks like a long and thin port. It acts as an input connector; accepts the output connector on your FireStick. In case there is enough free space, you can directly connect your FireStick with the projector through this port.
VGA is an ancient connector port. They are still found in old computer monitors. A VGA has a trapezoid shape with a round edge and around fifteen miniature holes.
RCAs are a form of circular ports. Typically, they are of two types; one for video and one for audio. However, if your projector comes with component video inputs, you will find two RCA ports for audio and three for video.
How to connect a FireStick to a Projector?
If you see a free HDMI port in your projector, you can easily connect your FireStick by reading the following steps:
- The first step is to couple your FireStick with a USB power source. For that, it is advisable to use the usual power adapter. Avoid connecting the FireStick to a USB port present on your projector as it may create technical issues.
- Observe the back of your projector. Learn about the different types of ports you see and pay attention to the available space.
- If there is no HDMI port available on the back of the projector, you will have to connect your FireStick without an HDMI.
- If there is no space for another HDMI connection, pair your FireStick to an HDMI extension cable.
- Now, plug your extension cable or FireStick into an HDMI input port available on your projector.
- Turn your projector on.
- Get rid of the projector cap and remove the lens.
- Now, you can use your projector with your FireStick without worrying about anything.
How do I connect my Firestick to my Projector without HDMI
Many people own projectors that do not come with an HDMI input port. However, you can still connect it with your FireStick directly by making your home theatre receive act like a middleman. But for that, you will need an adapter.
Get yourself an adapter that converts an HDMI input into the needed output port that is compatible with your receiver. It can be a component video, a VGA, or a composite video.
Keep in mind that your HDMI adapter should be powered instead of passive. Other than that, you may also need a powered HDMI splitter. If your projector shows a blank or black screen when connected to the FireStick, place this device between the FireStick and the adapter, and your problem is solved!
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to connect a FireStick with your projector in the absence of an HDMI
- Plug in your FireStick with a USB power source.
- Connect your adapter with a power source.
- Then, connect the FireStick with the HDMI input available on your adapter.
- Carefully plug the cables into the output slots available on your adapter.
- Plug the cables into the inputs on your projector.
- Now, all you have to do is turn on the projector and enjoy watching FireStick content on a bigger screen.
How to connect a Firestick remote to a Projector?
Firstly, you will have to connect your FireStick to a power source. Then, connect your projector to an HDMI port or with an HDMI adapter. Now, all you have to do is get your FireStick remote and stream your favorite content on the projector.
The main issue with connecting a FireStick to a Projector
The main issue that might come while you are trying to connect a FireStick to a projector is managing the audio system. But that also can be catered with easy steps:
- Setting up an external audio system.
- Using a Bluetooth device
- Getting an HDMI sound extractor
- Setting a wireless HDMI kit
It is true that a Firestick is a great experience for users who are on the lookout for a limitless Amazon content library and streaming at 4K. However, try coupling it with a projector and level up your experience to ten folds.